Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Danton Remoto begins his blog

Hello, I have finally, on my own, joined the world of cyberspace.



Today, while waiting for my students finish their final exams at the Ateneo, I looked to my left and saw "thisisnotadebate.blogspot.com" Hmmm. Those were the exact words of the Ateneo VP, Achoot Cuyegkeng, when she talked to the students and a few teachers about the proposed Ateneo dress code.



Then I remembered the exact words that the former (oh, how I relish that word) former Comelec Chairman Benjamin Abalos told me to my face, during one of the Comelec hearings early this year. Ang Ladlad, of which I am chair, was applying for party-list accreditation, and the man with the driest face in the world told me: "But you have no national constituency. You are just phantom voters!"



Voila! Now, I told myself, I have a name for my blog.



Everybody who pissed me off in the last elections are going down the drain, literally and metaphoricallyl. The Malacanang official who was so aghast at my running under Ang Ladlad at at my running for senator, is sick and had to quit the Cabinet. Next came Mr. Abalos. I know who would be next.

5 comments:

ROBERTISMS said...

Hi Danton! Congrats on the blog. At inilunsad mo pa on Oct. 10 (10/10) huh! Very auspicious! Good luck sa blogging, as well as to your advocacies. Matagal na akong sumusubaybay (via the email group) pero so far, no concrete action on my part to help. Maybe in due time, I will be able to. Sa ngayon, moral support muna.

Danton Remoto said...

Hi Robert. My parents are also from Albay -- Oas, Albay. Keep well in SA. Your fave Kris Aquino might run as senator in 2010. Ay, number 2 na lang ako :-)

For the Motherland - Sass Rogando Sasot said...

welcome to the blogosphere!

=)sass la petite

Unknown said...

finally, more matino at mataray na manunulat sa internet! go ateng! next up, mag-downelink ka na rin! (ang friendster ng lgbts) - libay

Danton Remoto said...

hi libay and sass. thanks. knowing myself, i am just doing this for the elections of 2010, har har!

take care