Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Root canal and final exams

Tomorrow I will visit the dentist for the third -- and final -- time. Being an Aries, I told my dentist to pull that painful tooth out and throw it to the garbage bin. Instead he said, "Ay, you will have a fake one if we pull this out," so he began a three-day series of root-canal chuvaness. Painful, to say the least. But what I didn't like was that I had to take Ponstan. That nasty pain reliever would scar your kidneys and affect you when you are old.

But wait, I am already old, at 44. So when would it affect me?

I will begin checking the final exams of my students -- five sections -- today. Good luck to them. And then, I am also writing two papers for my PhD in English Studies at UP. After these two papers, I am done. Language exams next semester (Spanish) and comprehensive exams, too (total of eight hours). Then in April, dissertation defense: a novel I finished writing in 2001, when I had a Fulbright grant in Rutgers University in New Jersey. Other schools might be Ivy League, but we had a good basketball team.

Like that school on Taft.

No comments: