Monday, October 15, 2007

New week

The root canal is finished, thank heavens. We are now checking those blasted final-exam papers. Bribery, bribery, bribery everywhere. I remember Jose Rizal's El Filibusterismo: corruption has to be over-ripe, for the fruit to burst out of its own volition. We are on the way. What would the next scandal be?

The Task Force Pride met last Saturday, to get things going for the Pride March set for December 8, Saturday, Malate, Manila. Also the Task Force Melbourne Outgames met, a meeting I unfortunately failed to attend. But I want to go to Melbourne again -- the city with the four seasons in one day!

I will ask the help of friends to make my blog more visual, more eye-catching, more--

Ladlad 3 is now being printed. I am finishing Philippine Gay Dict: The Uncut Version. I have already submitted the corrected proofs of Rampa: Mga Sanaysay.

In the works: a children's short story, a draft for a book of personal essays or creative nonfiction or whatever you call it now.

The thing to do is to keep on writing, even if the whole country is going to the dogs. Or has gone to.

2 comments:

cheneleen said...

Juice ko, Danton. Napanaginipan kita last week. Oprah and I attended your wedding, pero wa fez ang jowa mo.

Anyway, better start planning for 2010. If I can help you with anything, I'd be more than happy to!

Mwah mwah,

Walter

Danton Remoto said...

Thank you, walter. i am preparing for 2010. i am finalizing discussions for a show at the am radio band and for a tagalog column in a tabloid.

I have to reach more people in the cde bracket, and more people in the visayas and mindanao.

take care